WordPress malware removal is our latest service we have introduced after a climb in the attacks that WordPress sites have had in the past year.
Most of the time malware injections are caused by security exploits in code which could be in the software, plugins or modules that make up the functionality of your website. Usually, if these are not kept up to date or become legacy through complacency of the developer – then you could be in danger of being attacked.
The other scenario in which this occurs is if the hosting server is somehow compromised. We believe that some shared hosting companies do not secure their web servers as good as they should , and this could also be a reason why you would get an attack even if you keep your software up to date.
We have introduced a service where we can evaluate and remove malware off your site should you become attacked.
We stage the cleaned website on a staging server forever so that if it happens to you again, we can always restore it from the backup in which we new the site was clean.
Our Steps Below:
- Evaluate the application filesystem and run a malware check to see how many hits it has. If this is few, then a quick malware removal tool will quarantine the malware quickly. If the application has been completely infiltrated then a more intricate restoration plan may be required.
- Reinstall WordPress from scratch, separating all the variable folders and files to redeploy to the new installation – so none of your work is lost.
- Manually check the theme folder for malware, and remove if necessary. This is in case the malware tool does not discover and quarantine all the malware that is present.
- Check database for MySQL injections, and clean.
- Install WordPress AntiVirus to help protect against spam and malware injections in the future.
- Stage, test and retain backup in a clean environment. Sucuri SiteCheck is a good site to test on.
- Advice on how to avoid malware and keep your WordPress site safe and clean
- Google reconsideration if your site has been black listed
Worried your current hosting provider is not secure enough?
then talk to us about our secure hosting service where the software is fanatically kept updated.
Note: Whilst this service is tailored for WordPress users, please talk to us if you have other applications that require cleaning.